What is the difference between lead-acid battery and lithium iron phosphate battery? Which is better, lead-acid battery or lithium iron phosphate battery? Which price ratio is higher for lithium iron phosphate battery and lead-acid battery? What are the use characteristics of lead-acid batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries, and what products are they used in? When to use lead-acid battery and lithium-ion battery? Let's find the answer together.
What is the difference between lead-acid battery and lithium iron phosphate battery?
1. The nominal voltage of lead acid battery cell is 2.0V, the overflow voltage is 2.4V, and the discharge voltage is 1.5V, while the nominal voltage of lithium iron phosphate battery is 3.2V, the overflow voltage is 3.65V, and the discharge voltage is 2.0V. The lead acid battery voltage is lower than that of lithium iron phosphate battery, while the voltage of lithium iron phosphate battery is slightly higher.
2. The electrode of lead-acid battery is mainly made of lead and its oxide. The electrolyte is a kind of battery in sulfuric acid solution; The English name of lead-acid battery is Lead-acid battery. In the discharge state, the important component of the positive electrode is lead dioxide, and the important component of the negative electrode is lead; In the state of charge, the important components of the positive and negative poles are lead sulfate. It is divided into exhaust battery and maintenance-free lead-acid battery; Lithium iron phosphate battery mainly uses lithium iron phosphate as the cathode material. The full name of lithium iron phosphate battery is lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery. Because its performance is particularly suitable for the use of power, it is also called lithium iron power lithium battery. The English name of lithium iron phosphate battery is LiFePO4 battery.
3. The processing process of lead-acid battery is alloy, casting grid, coating (there should be lead powder and paste making process before), curing, drying - slicing and polishing - grouping - packaging - pole group welding - shell, upper cover sealing, terminal welding, slot entry, acid injection, formation, cleaning, warehousing, packaging and delivery, etc., while the processing process of lithium iron phosphate battery is batching, coating, rolling, slitting, film making, winding, assembly, laser welding, baking, Liquid injection, activation, formation, sealing, cleaning, volume separation, sorting, shipment, etc. In the processing process, lithium iron phosphate battery is much more complex than lead-acid battery.
4. The lead acid battery has a lot of floating charge. The lead acid battery uses a lead calcium alloy fence with a corrosion resistant structure, and the battery can be used for floating charge for about 5 years. In addition to normal charging, the lithium iron phosphate battery can also be used for floating charge, especially in the use of emergency lights. Many of them use floating charge, and the floating charge life is about 8 years.
5. Lead-acid batteries are divided into three categories: general lead-acid batteries, dry-load batteries, and maintenance-free batteries. Lithium iron phosphate batteries are mainly divided into three categories: polymer lithium iron phosphate batteries, cylindrical lithium iron phosphate batteries, and square lithium iron phosphate batteries. There are basically three categories of lead-acid batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries. Their common feature is that they can be used as power.
6. Compared with lithium iron phosphate battery in terms of energy and volume, lead-acid battery generally weighs about 16 kg, and lead-acid battery is relatively large; However, the weight of lithium iron phosphate battery is generally about 3 kg, and the volume of lithium iron phosphate battery is relatively small and convenient for handling.
7. The durability comparison between lead-acid batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries: lead-acid batteries generally have deep charge and deep discharge for less than 300 times, and have memory, and the life of lead-acid batteries is about two years, and there is liquid in the lead-acid batteries. After a period of consumption, if the battery is found to be hot or the charging time is shorter, it is necessary to replenish the liquid; The lithium-ion battery has strong durability, slow consumption, more than 2000 times of charging and discharging, and no memory, and its general life is more than 5 years.
Which is better, lead-acid battery or lithium iron phosphate battery?
1. Lithium iron phosphate battery is light in weight and high in specific energy, but it is safe and cost-effective; The same lead-acid battery is heavy in weight, large in volume and small in specific energy, but it is safe and cost-effective.
2. Lithium iron phosphate battery belongs to rechargeable battery, while lead-acid battery belongs to alkaline battery; The cycle service life of lithium iron phosphate battery is more than 2500 times, and the cycle service life of lead-acid battery is about 800 times; Lithium iron phosphate battery is about 150W · h/kg, and the specific energy of lead-acid battery is about 40W · h/kg; The charging time of lithium iron phosphate battery can be overflowed within 4h, while the charging time of lead-acid battery is generally about 6h.
3. The charge and discharge energy efficiency of lithium iron phosphate battery is more excellent. The charge and discharge energy conversion efficiency of lithium ion battery can be more than 97%, while the charge and discharge energy conversion efficiency of lead acid battery is about 80%. The volume of lithium iron phosphate battery is smaller than that of lead acid battery. The volume of lithium iron phosphate ion battery is about 2/3 of that of lead acid battery.
4. The lithium iron phosphate battery is environmentally friendly, while the lead-acid battery is not environmentally friendly. There is a large amount of lead in the lead-acid battery. If it is not properly disposed after being discarded, it will cause pollution to the environment. At the same voltage and capacity, the lithium iron phosphate battery and the lead-acid battery have the same range, but the price of the lithium iron phosphate battery will be more than twice as high as the price of the lead-acid battery.
5. In terms of national policy: lead-acid batteries have caused serious harm to the environment due to processing or waste batteries, so from the perspective of national policy, they have been restricting the large reinvestment of lead-acid batteries or the use of lead-acid batteries in some areas. The trend of replacing lead-acid batteries with lithium-ion batteries will become clearer and the progress will be gradually accelerated, Many lead-acid batteries will be replaced by lithium-ion batteries, so lead-acid batteries are slowly leaving the stage of lithium-ion batteries.
The above is the difference between lithium iron phosphate battery and lead-acid battery. So if you are still using lead-acid batteries, you must try to use lithium ion batteries. You will feel the new experience brought by lithium iron phosphate batteries.It is especially recommended that you use CATL battery,Winston battery,CALB battery, etc. They all have good performance.
Next：The Benefits of BYD Blade Batteries
Previous：CATL Invested in the Sea and Made a Huge Profit of 30 billion
Contact Person: Miss. Elsa Liu